Give me a break

Mon Jun 29 06:56:07 PDT 2009

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
> With four or five people having voiced concerns over the future of D
> in the past week or so, what's the busiest discussion?
>
> int.nan, of course.
>
> Come on.  Get with the program.  Enough already with the bikeshed
> bullshit.  There are far more important issues at hand.

Although I definitely feel your pain, I am not worried about the impact
these kinds of discussions will have on D development. If Walter & co.
were among the most active participants, I would be deeply worried
indeed, but luckily they aren't. Hopefully they spend their time on more
important stuff.

Do you know what worries me, though? The fact that whenever a potential
D user comes to digitalmars.com/d and clicks "Forum" he/she sees two
things: Bikeshed stuff or "D is doomed".

Walter: Please, please, please direct new users towards D.learn instead
of this group!

I'm starting to think one should be required pass some D programming
test to be able to acess this NG, to sift out those who are new enough
to potentially be scared off. Instead of having to read distorted text
in a CAPTCHA, one would have to decipher a piece of complex template
code or something.

-Lars