Give me a break

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 13:12:59 PDT 2009

MIURA Masahiro wrote:
> Yigal Chripun wrote:
>> do not tell other people what to think and what to write. this is not
>> china and you are not the great firewall.
>> grow up.
>
> Apparently you don't share Jarrett's consciousness of the problem
> that more important issues are left undiscussed.
> Freedom may be paramount, but I'm not sure if D's situation would
> improve just by letting people write what they want to.
>
> I don't have a clearcut answer.  Perhaps there should be some kind
> of soft leadership or orientation?
>
> (Reminds me of Guido van Rossum jokingly calling himself a kind of
> dictator.  And his Python is a successful language.)

Your conclusion is false.
I didn't share my opinion regarding Jarrett's "consciousness of the
problem" at all. That's entirely your assumption.

If Jarrett sees some discussion topic being neglected than by all means
he should voice his opinion.

there are two options here:
positive option - "let's talk about subject X". <- this is productive.
negative option - "you must stop discussing subject Y". <- this is not.

Jarrett chose the negative option for which I voiced my criticism, that
is all.