Give me a break

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Mon Jun 29 20:43:29 PDT 2009

== Quote from Tom S (h3r3tic at remove.mat.uni.torun.pl)'s article

> IIRC, Tango devs claim that its runtime is better than druntime, which
> also only supports DMD at the moment.

How is it better?  I vaguely recall at least one change in Tango's runtime
that actually violates the Posix spec, and so decided to implement things
differently in Druntime.  But I don't watch the Tango timeline, so it's
possible that some awesome new features have been implemented that
I'm not aware of.

As for Druntime only supporting DMD... see below.

> And apparently, there's been very
> little contact with Sean lately, so it's a case of 'us' vs 'them' again.

No one has tried to contact me.  I talked with Fawzi a bit shortly after
Druntime was created, but that's it.  I'm too busy to even do the things
I have planned for Druntime anyway, so I'm not about to chase people
down to try add yet more tasks to my list.