Give me a break

Tom S h3r3tic at remove.mat.uni.torun.pl
Tue Jun 30 02:04:35 PDT 2009

Sean Kelly wrote:
> == Quote from Tom S (h3r3tic at remove.mat.uni.torun.pl)'s article
>> IIRC, Tango devs claim that its runtime is better than druntime, which
>> also only supports DMD at the moment.
>
> How is it better?  I vaguely recall at least one change in Tango's runtime
> that actually violates the Posix spec, and so decided to implement things
> differently in Druntime.  But I don't watch the Tango timeline, so it's
> possible that some awesome new features have been implemented that
> I'm not aware of.

Sorry, I don't have a clear answer here. On IRC Fawzi mentioned exactly
that "tango is still better than druntime".

/me summons Fawzi

> As for Druntime only supporting DMD... see below.
>
>> And apparently, there's been very
>> little contact with Sean lately, so it's a case of 'us' vs 'them' again.
>
> No one has tried to contact me.  I talked with Fawzi a bit shortly after
> Druntime was created, but that's it.  I'm too busy to even do the things
> I have planned for Druntime anyway, so I'm not about to chase people
> down to try add yet more tasks to my list.

Here I've based my words on a chat with Lars, but it might be that you
being so busy was misinterpreted as not willing to communicate and
"acting a bit weird". It might be hard to get it out of him now, as he
seems to have given up on NG discussions :(

Now it looks like I'm warmongering... Merely trying to get some parts of
the community to talk with each other, because there are lots of
misunderstandings and perhaps communications barriers in the air.

--
Tomasz Stachowiak
http://h3.team0xf.com/