Windows DMD installer

Ary Borenszweig ary at esperanto.org.ar
Tue Jun 30 05:22:43 PDT 2009

Daniel Keep escribió:

> Ary Borenszweig wrote:
>> Daniel Keep escribió:
>>> BCS wrote:
>>> I suppose it'd be trivial to knock together something that just extracts
>>> the archive and sets the PATH.
>> In case you didn't notice, I already did that:
>>
>> http://downloads.dsource.org/projects/descent/dinstaller/
>>
>> I don't know why nobody said anything or started talking about how it
>> should be continued. Maybe people like to discuss more and do less. :-P
>
> I didn't mention it because I object to the lack of proper
> capitalisation in the name; it must be rewritten!
>
> (Just kidding.)

lol :)

I always have troubles with naming things for D:

Dinstaller?
DInstaller?
dinstaller?
DeeInstaller?

Grrr...

> In that specific sentence, I was talking about one that included the DMD
> archive.  The previous times I talked about downloading the archive, it
> was in the context of a more complex installer.

The nice thing about the installer downloading it is that
digitalmars.com could provide a page that links automatically to the
latest zips, and the installer could point to that address.