From Reddit

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Tue Jun 30 09:30:34 PDT 2009

bearophile wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu:
>> IMHO you should pull that post. It is at best appallingly thoughtless.
>
> It has received 14 more long answers, I can't remove it (and I don't want too, because I thin it's interesting).
> Just for the record, that post of mine was never meant to offend you, despite it has.

Technically the post is drivel, but even that's besides the point. The
problem is that it harms D by sowing and showing disunity within the
community. Definitely it is not helping at all in the way you claimed. I
am willing to believe this was a thoughtless attempt to do something
good, instead a self-serving and attention-seeking piece, as it looks at
the first sight.

My article was promotional. It said so as early as the TITLE. "The Case
for D". It was not "The State of D", "A Review of D", "A Discussion
About D", or "A Round Table about D". If my purpose was to give an
account of where D is at this moment, and if I somehow ended up giving
an overly favorable view, then your piece (or better said a technically
correct piece on the same subject) would have been entirely justified.
As it stands, it is simply in bad taste, not to mention it reeks of
mistakes and nitpicky, inconsequential points to boot (and I'm
pleasantly surprised that reddit readers saw that).

Andrei