LDC on the D website

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Jun 30 12:23:10 PDT 2009

Walter Bright:
> What urls for the downloads?

LDC compiler is getting very good (D1, on Linux, with Tango), I suggest you to try it if you haven't yet.

The home page:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/ldc

Downloads:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/ldc/wiki/Release_0.9.1

Soon the daily builds for Ubuntu will work again:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/ldc/wiki/BuildInstructionsUbuntu

DStress results  seem to show that for x86-32 Linux LDC is similar or sometimes better than DMD (but DMD compiles quite faster, I don't know why):
http://www.incasoftware.de/~kamm/ldc/tests/index.html

Code compiled by LDC is often almost as efficient as C++ code compiled with g++, so LDC is a good hope for the spreading of D1 among C++ programmers that look for an efficient language.

Bye,
bearophile