Windows DMD installer

Ary Borenszweig ary at esperanto.org.ar
Tue Jun 30 12:41:00 PDT 2009

Walter Bright wrote:
> Ary Borenszweig wrote:
>> Walter Bright wrote:
>>> Thanks. But I am totally unfamiliar with nsi files, etc. Is there a
>>> makefile or build.bat file?
>>
>> Even if there were one, you'd need to install NSIS to compile them.
>> It's a language by itself.
>>
>> Why do you need to compile it? There's an exe there. :)
>
> Yeah, well, it needs to be rebuilt for every new release.
>
> Why does it need to set registry keys?

To make uninstall available from the add/remove programs in Windows.

Also to remember the installation language (just for the UI of the
installer), although English is the only language for now, but it's easy
to add another ones (supporting multiple languages in the installer
makes it look more professional also).