finding help for D game engine

Eric Poggel dnewsgroup at yage3d.net
Tue Jun 30 18:32:41 PDT 2009

Tanukisan wrote:
> Hi guys
>

> I introduce myself, I'm a french student in Appliyed mathematics and one of my biggest dream was to create a small racing game
>
> My project is designed to be a Trackmania-like not more not less.... in a more simpliest way since it's a demo.
>
> The modelization part is done up to 90% judge yourself : http://img10.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=circuit10.png
>
> I'm thinking of using GLFW for the windows manadgment, OpenAL for the audio, SOIL and FreeImage for loading the texture, OpenGL to handle the graphic...
>
> My aim is to learn, what I want is to create a funny and playable game. Creating this TINY engine was to learn D and game engine notions. I will implement the network it's not funny to race alone
>
> What I need is one or two coder specialized in graphic engine to help me finalizing my project.
>
> Thanks you for listening to me and to answer me
>
> Tanukisan

Hello, I'm Eric Poggel (JoeCoder) and I'm the author of the Yage game
engine at yage3d.net.  It's currently in alpha/beta-ish status, but if
you're interested in using it, I'm willing (with my limited time) to
help add features that you'd need for the game.  It currently uses SDL
for input, window management, and screen loading, OpenGL for graphics,
OpenAL/libvorbis for audio, and sdl_image for image loading.  It runs on
both Windows and Linux and is currently in a transition from phobos to
tango (using tangobos as a crutch to keep things running).  It's also
multithreaded.

If you take a look at it and it doesn't suit your needs, then that's ok
anyway.  Good luck either way.