Installing dmd

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sun Mar 1 05:19:21 PST 2009

Georg Wrede wrote:

> What this all comes down to, is, one should be able to install dmd for
> himself, without root privileges, and another user maybe a different
> version of dmd for herself. And a company should be able to install dmd
> for everybody on a computer.

The instructions was added to Wiki4D, hoping they would be included:
http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?D__Tutorial/InstallingDCompiler#InstallingDMDonLinuxX86

> As a side benefit, fixing this most probably yields an easy (and
> documented) way to conveniently have several dmd versions installed and
> usable. For example, D1 and D2, or the last dmd for research and an
> older one for a multi-month pay project.

I have D1 installed as "dmd" and D2 installed as "dmd2", it takes
some tricks to have it read /etc/dmd.conf and /etc/dmd2.conf though.

--anders