Installing dmd

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 06:42:19 PST 2009

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 02:43:08PM +0200, Georg Wrede wrote:
> I suspect there are some real or perceived difficulties with this? But
> that's why we have this newsgroup. This embarrasment simply has to go away.

On my system, I don't actually 'install' it; I unzip it and run it
from that directory (actually I put a script to run it in my PATH, but
I don't move the executable at all). If that directory is private, it
is a one user install. If it is public, it works for everyone.

It just works, even for version 1 and 2 at the same time.
Haven't tried the newest releases yet so it might be
broken, but I never understand why people have so many problems with this.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net