Installing dmd

Georg Wrede georg.wrede at iki.fi
Sun Mar 1 08:32:45 PST 2009

Anders F Björklund wrote:

>> So right now it looks like even those instructions are outdated.
>
> Not too surprising, as they were written in 2005...
> Could maybe need some updating on the directories ?
>
>> The very minimum is to unzip, chmod and then it's all go, IF one
>> bothers to write the full path to dmd each time.
>
> Doing the chmod, and converting from DOS linefeeds,
> would not be needed if it shipped as a tarball too.

True.

Seems the man files have *some* lines with ^M^J, some with only ^J.

Actually, Walter could still have a single tree, but just have a shell
script on a linux machine that takes as input the newly created Windows
.zip and output the .tar file (or even better, a .tgz).

The script would essentially unpack, chmod, (maybe rm unneeded crap),
and then tar the tree.

That sounds complicated, (it isn't!) but I fear that one can't avoid the
chmod if the tree is tarred on Windows, because there is no x bit in the
directory listing. (IIRC)