std.locale

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Mon Mar 2 01:37:55 PST 2009

Georg Wrede wrote:
> We've had Walter make nice features to D that were laborious to create,
> only to see nobody use them. It's happened, ask him.

Sure. Often the only way to see if a feature is useful is to actually
implement it and see what happens. Some features have succeeded and
found uses far beyond my expectations (CTFE, string mixins) while others
have pretty much languished (design by contract, complex numbers).

> *Now* is not the time to do that again.

To some extent, we can't predict that. But I did find your arguments
pretty strong.