Unofficial wish list status.(Mar 2009)

Knud Soerensen 4tuu4k002 at sneakemail.com
Mon Mar 2 15:14:09 PST 2009

Tim M wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 13:27:43 +1300, <4tuu4k002 at sneakemail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> This is the monthly status for the unofficial d wish list:
>> http://all-technology.com/eigenpolls/dwishlist/
>>
>> Right now the wish list looks like this:
>>
>> 198  Stack tracing (#26)
>> 192  Reflection API (#6)
>> 131  vectorization (#10)
>> 110  Multiple return values (tuples (#28)
>> 98  Multiple opCast per class (#24)
>
> http://all-technology.com/eigenpolls/dwishlist/index.php?it=10
>
> Who's idea was the vectorization? Seems very usefull but not sure if
> really like the syntax. Wouldn't it be simpler to have unordered
> attribute for all kinds loops that the compiler can use?

I don't remember who had the idea originally,
but Norbert Nemec and me discussed it way back around 2004 and I added
it when the wishlist went online.

For old posting search the news group for vectorization.
http://www.google.com/search?q=vectorization&domains=www.digitalmars.com&sitesearch=www.digitalmars.com%2Fd&sourceid=google-search&submit=Go

If you suggest a new syntaks, then try to write down the examples on
http://all-technology.com/eigenpolls/dwishlist/index.php?it=10
using it.

Most people is quick to suggest a new syntaks without actuly testing it
by writing down some non-trivial examples.

--
Crowdnews.eu - a social news site based on sharing instead of voting.
Follow me on CrowdNews http://crowdnews.eu/users/addGuide/42/