std.locale

Georg Wrede georg.wrede at iki.fi
Mon Mar 2 20:53:27 PST 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> In another post you sounded as if there is a connection between this
>> stuff and printing arrays. I'm not sure I see the connection.
>
> Very simple. If we have a locale table, I am thinking of dedicating a
> branch "std" in it to stuff that's in std. For example, I can use
> currentLocale.get("std", "array-separator") or something.

Let's disconnect the two.

What if you were to document the data structure Algebraic, and mention
that D itself uses an instance of it already to store array printing
parameters.

You could also mention that an Algebraic would be a great place to store
Unicode CLDR data, and other (Windows) registry type things.

And then, in the examples directory one could find a program that reads
the CLDR xml (or of course a suitable snippet of it) and populates an
instance of Algebraic. And then this example program would do something
small but useful with the data.