std.locale

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Mar 3 06:49:43 PST 2009

Daniel Keep:
> So I put contracts on everything.  Fantastic.  I do a release compile,
> and all that safety disappears.  So only the debug build has contracts
> enabled.  But it's the release build, if it crashes, that I need help
> diagnosing.

A simple solution is to not use -release for the final version of the code, but this keeps array bound controls too.
LDC may have already solved your problem, with extra compilation arguments that you can use to disable such controls independently from each other.
It's not a fault of design by contract, it's just that the D compiler switches are lumped together. It seems a simple to solve problem.

Bye,
bearophile