Null references (oh no, not again!)

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Fri Mar 6 15:18:35 PST 2009

Reply to Walter,

> BCS wrote:
>
>> Computers now have literally orders (many orders) of magnitude more
>> space and power and the load times for real program haven't even
>> improved by even a single order of magnitude. :b
>>
> And they take even longer to boot up!

I got to play around with a system a few years ago (as in like 5) that could
reboot in almost zero time. It could actually be rebooted before you could
get your finger off the rest button.

OTOH it was a ROM based system that had been upgraded to a whole 4kB of RAM.
(It was cutting edge when I was born and dead tech by the time I was eating
solid foods)