D compiler benchmarks

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Sat Mar 7 07:10:55 PST 2009

Hi all,

I have set up some benchmarks for dmd, ldc and gdc at
http://dbench.octarineparrot.com/.

There are currently only 6 tests all from
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/gp4/d.php. My knowledge of phobos is
not great enough to port the others to tango (I've chosen tango as ldc
does not support phobos currently, so it make sense to choose tango as
all compilers support it). If you would like to contribute new tests or
improve on the current ones let me know and I'll include them next time
I run them.

All source code can be found at
http://hg.octarineparrot.com/dbench/file/tip.

Let me know if you have any ideas for how I can improve the benchmarks,
I currently plan to add compile times, size of the final executable and
memory usage (if anyone knows an easy way to get the memory usage of a
process in D, let me know :D).