DMD Mac and linking with frameworks

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Mar 9 13:36:16 PDT 2009

If I understand things correct dmd uses gcc to do the linking on linux
and osx, therefore I should be able to link against frameworks on osx.

GDC/GCC uses the compiler flag "-framework Carbon" and the passes the
same flag to the linker. LDC/LLVM uses the linker flag
"-framework=Carbon" which I can pass to the linker using "-L". But I
can't figure out how to do that with DMD.

The problem is if compile like this for example: "dmd -L-framework
Carbon main.d" dmd complains that it can't find Carbon.d. It seems that
it takes everything as a D source file if it doesn't recognize it as a
compiler switch.