Updated D Benchmarks

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Sat Mar 14 21:04:48 PDT 2009

Hi all,

After reading through your comments from my last post, I have
implemented most of the changes you have requested.

  * Added Compile times
  * Added Memory and Virtual Memory usage
  * Added final executable size
  * Tests are now run 4 times, and readings are the minimum taken from
the last three runs only (or maximum in the case of memory usage)
  * Graphs now line up properly
  * More detailed compiler information is given
  * Benchmarks have been tweaked to last longer

The only request I believe I've missed (correct me if I'm wrong!) is a C
or C++ reference. This was planned for inclusion, but I couldn't come to
a conclusion on which compiler to include and whether to use C or C++.
Before you suggest having multiple references, I would rather only have
one reference otherwise it becomes more general language benchmarks
rather than D.

The benchmarks can be found at http://dbench.octarineparrot.com/.

Updated source code can be found at
http://hg.octarineparrot.com/dbench/file/tip.

Again, if you have any comments or ideas for improvements let me know!
If you can come to a conclusion on what C/C++ compiler to use as a
reference I will rerun the benchmarks with a reference.