utf-8?

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Tue Mar 17 10:27:29 PDT 2009

Ary Borenszweig Wrote:

> Steve Teale wrote:
> > import std.stdio;
> >
> > void main()
> > {
> >    string s = "Die Walküre";
> >    writefln(s);
> > }
> >
> > Gives error - invalid utf-8 sequence. I pasted the text from a Wiki page that claims to be utf-8. What's happening?
>
> Did you save the file as UTF-8?

Was not offered the opportunity. I pasted the text from the web page into Windows Notepad, and saved it - this seemed to me to be as generic as possible given the facilities I have available. What editor will do the trick? Also, if I'm using the Windows version of the compiler, shouldn't it be smart enough to convert the Windows character set to UTF-8?