eliminate writeln et comp?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 05:39:50 PDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 11:47:37AM +0100, Alexander Pánek wrote:
> This
> library is available licensed under BSD, which basically means you can
> do whatever you please with it, as long as you don???t remove the
> copyright of the original authors.

I think that's an unreasonable demand in a standard library. Incorporating
BSD code into phobos, any amount of it, requires that every D program
that is ever written to include their copyright notice, since phobos
is redistributed in binary form with every D program.

That's a pain to hobbyists and might be a roadblock to use the
language professionally.

As far as I know, the entire phobos library is currently public domain
or zlib license, which is basically just public domain written out
explicitly. That's the way it should remain.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net