Library for Linear Algebra?

Fawzi Mohamed fmohamed at mac.com
Fri Mar 20 15:25:12 PDT 2009

On 2009-03-20 20:46:21 +0100, Bill Baxter <wbaxter at gmail.com> said:

> On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 3:38 AM, Trass3r <mrmocool at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Is there any working library for Linear Algebra?
>> I only found BLADE, which seems to be abandoned and quite unfinished, and
>> Helix which only provides 3x3 and 4x4 matrices used in games :(
>>

> For D1 try Gobo and Dflat.  Gobo has a bunch of wrappers for Fortran
> libraries.  Dflat is a higher level matrix/sparse matrix interface.
>
> Works with Tango using Tangobos.
>
> See:
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/multiarray
>
> --bb

Dflat gives you also sparse matrix formats, if all you are interested
in are sense matrixes than blip
	http://dsource.org/projects/blip
(using the gobo wrappers) has NArray that gives you a nice interface to
N dimensional arrays, and (compiling with -version=blas
-version=lapack) also gives you access to most of lapack functions.
With it you can do things like these:

import blip.narray.NArray;

auto m=zeros!(float)([10,10]);
auto d=diag(m);