Response files

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Sat Mar 21 20:01:01 PDT 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> More code in makefiles doesn't necessarily improve things quite a lot.
> druntime has a lot of makefiles; apparently every single blessed thing
> has a makefile dedicated to it. But that complicates things without
> benefit.

In theory, each thing in druntime with a makefile is actually a
standalone project, but since they're built together for the current
distribution I agree it's overcomplicated.

Regarding DM's make program, I'd be happy if it simply accepted rules
with wildcards (ie. %.o : %.d).  That would eliminate basically all the
differences between the Win32 and Posix makefiles in druntime.