Please integrate build framework into the compiler

Christopher Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 05:14:39 PDT 2009

Kristian Kilpi wrote:
> #includes/imports are redundant information: the source code of course
> describes what's used in it. So, the compiler could be aware of the
> whole project (and the libraries used) instead of one file at the time.

That's not sufficient. I'm using SDL right now; if I type 'Surface s;',
should that import sdl.surface or cairo.Surface? How is the compiler to
tell? How should the compiler find out where to look for classes named
Surface? Should it scan everything under /usr/local/include/d/? That's
going to be pointlessly expensive.