Is DSSS still being developed?

Trass3r mrmocool at gmx.de
Sun Mar 22 14:29:18 PDT 2009

bearophile schrieb:
> - D1 is felt as a dead end, there's not much purpose in writing very big programs in it if you will have a D2 beta in some months.
Yeah, already heard that from various developers. But porting to D2
isn't THAT hard in the end.

> - Most D projects are created for nonprofessional purposes, by students and they have a life too.
Yeah, I'm just wondering why noone else takes over development (or at
least fixes some bugs etc), dsss is a pretty nifty tool.

But universities indeed seem to be the most promising users of D.
I think some good libraries providing Matlab-style functionality could
heavily boost D's popularity.