crossplatform linking?

davidl davidl at 126.com
Sun Mar 22 22:30:56 PDT 2009

在 Mon, 23 Mar 2009 13:11:39 +0800,davidl <davidl at 126.com> 写道:

> I don't know why there should be different format object files. Couldn't
> they be much the same. And the linker finally decide how to link them to
> platform specific binary?
>
> MSVC perhaps has already get some idea of this kind, the link time code
> generation.
>
> I'm just curious why on the X86 arch , we get different object file
> formats just for platform specific.

minid's bind is suffering from optlink issue(seems related to obj feed to
the linker, when n files feed to linker at a time would make it crash, n-1
won't, but error messages). Can ming32 ld accept dmd cross compilation elf
objs? I think it's a possible wordaround of making dmd generating elf obj
to bypass optlink.