Please integrate build framework into the compiler

Christopher Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 14:37:58 PDT 2009

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> But it can add up. And I often wonder how much faster and more
> memory-efficient things like linux and the web could have been if they
> weren't so big on sticking damn near everything into "convenient" text
> formats.

Most programs only need to load up text on startup. So the cost of
parsing the config file is linear in the number of times you start the
application, and linear in the size of the config file.

If there were a binary database format in place of libraries, I would be
fine with it, as long as there were a convenient way to get the textual
version.