Allowing relative file imports

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 06:59:37 PDT 2009

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Daniel Keep
> <daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2. Disallow -J to be the root of any drive or filesystem, and only allow
>> -J to be used from the following roots: %USERPROFILE% for Windows and ~
>> for *nix.  Possibly, this should be configured or overridable in sc.ini;
>> an extendible whitelist would be good.
>
> %USERPROFILE% is probably a bad choice on Windows pre-Vista, mostly
> because OPTLINK will die with paths with spaces in them (go OPTLINK).
> That and, I have never used my %USERPROFILE% directory for anything :P
> (probably because it's such a long god-damned path!)

True, but what else is there?  That's where "My Documents" lives;
there's no other "safe" directory I could think of for Windows.

If the error message including the language "You may need to add this
directory, or a parent of it, to the whitelist in %PATHTODMD%\sc.ini" it
should be OK.

The point here is to allow it safely.

  -- Daniel