State of Play

ValeriM Valeri.Mytinski at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 05:55:26 PDT 2009

Ary Borenszweig Wrote:

> Mike James escribió:
> > What is the state of play with D1.0 vs. D2.0?
> >
> > Is D1.0 a dead-end and D2.0 should be used for future projects?
> >
> > Is D2.0 stable enough for use at the present?
> >
> > Is Tango for D2.0 at a level of D1.0 and can be used now?
> >
> > Is DWT ready for D2.0 now?
> >

> > Regards, mike.
>
> I don't know why a lot of people see D1.0 as a dead-end. It's a stable
> language. It won't get new features. It won't change. It'll probably
> receive bug fixes. It works. It gets the job done. You can use it and be
> sure than in a time all of what you did will still be compatible with
> "newer" versions of D1.

No. It's not stable.
Try to build last Tango and DWT releases with D1.041 and you will get the problems.

That is the causes a lot of people ask such questions. And I too. Not because D1.0 dead-end. But because I can't understand what is "stable" toolset and how long it would be "stable". D+Tango+DWT is a good example.

Regards, valeri.