State of Play

TomD t_demmer at nospam.web.de
Thu Mar 26 06:23:29 PDT 2009

ValeriM Wrote:

[...]
> No. It's not stable.
> Try to build last Tango and DWT releases with D1.041 and you will get the problems.

But not because of D1.0. It is because of the Tango team
introducing a couple of breaking changes. Frank is working on
updating DWT (or has even fixed that already, not sure)

> That is the causes a lot of people ask such questions. And I too. Not because D1.0 dead-end. But because I can't understand what is "stable" toolset and how long it would be "stable". D+Tango+DWT is a good example.

Yeah, but that is life. At some point you need
to  change APIs, and then you need to revise the "downstream"
libraries. That takes some time. This no question of dead-end.

Ciao
TomD