State of Play

Tomas Lindquist Olsen tomas.l.olsen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 14:41:35 PDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:02 PM, Walter Bright
<newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> Tomas Lindquist Olsen wrote:
>>
>> Which leads me to: If I was to help with a D 1.1 implementation, only
>> features that would not change any semantics of valid D1 code would go
>> in.
>
> But they always do. Many of the complaints about D1 breaking things is the
> result of bug fixes to D1 inadvertently breaking something unexpected.

True.

However, now that the DMD source is available, that can change. All we
need is for it be put in a public repository (svn, hg etc). Then
people would be able to see what you're doing and test the fixes.
Catching bugs early in the process, as well as providing pretty much
guaranteed code review. I know I'd be subscribing my RSS reader to the
changelog at least.