build a project

Thu Mar 26 17:42:29 PDT 2009

Xu, Qian wrote:
> "Denis Koroskin" <2korden at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:op.urepy0lro7cclz at hood.creatstudio.intranet...
>> It's certainly much faster to generate 1 header file than recompile
>> all the dependencies each time.
>
> Yes. but it works for certain redundancy (like comments) only.
> If you change your implementation not your interface, the header file
> will be changed as well. so I cannot take much advantage of header files
> of D. (Am I wrong?)

DMD should only include bodies for functions it considers for inlining.
That should mean the header might change due to changes in small
functions, but probably not for changes in big ones.

(I'm not sure how GDC handles this. I do know LDC does inlining later in
the process (*after* "codegen"), but I'm not sure what header generation
does)