[OT] [I mean totally OT] Re: What can you "new"

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 13:19:38 PDT 2009

On 28/03/2009 22:12, Steve Teale wrote:
> dsimcha Wrote:
>
>> == Quote from Walter Bright (newshound1 at digitalmars.com)'s article
>>> Sometimes I think what if I were dropped naked back in time 20,000 years
>>> ago? Assuming I didn't get promptly cooked for dinner, what technology
>>> could I deliver that would have the most impact?
>>> I can't decide between iron, agriculture, or writing. I suspect writing.
>>> Every time humans got better at communicating, there was a huge increase
>>> in the rate of progress.
>>> speech
>>> writing
>>> printing
>>> telegraph
>>> telephone
>>> internet
>> One that noone seems to mention, not only on this NG but in general, is birth
>> control.  I think a pretty good argument can be made that a major reason for
>> recent social advances is that, by only having 2-4 children per set of parents
>> instead of 10-20, parents are able to invest much more in each child than they
>> otherwise would be.  The end result is a much more educated society and one with
>> enough surplus resources to look beyond its mere collective survival to actually
>> improving its state of knowledge, comfort, etc.
>
> But how the hell would you have delivered that. First of all you have to deliver chemistry and latex!

Condoms were first invented in ancient Egypt 3 Milena or so ago. they
were made out of lamb intestines and were very efficient. Of course, the
modern extra thin optionally flavored condoms need more advanced
technology than lamb intestines...
Isn't it funny that this age old method of birth control known to work
in ancient times is considered today by the US school system as
inefficient and wrong. They teach instead abstinence as a better method...