[OT] [I mean totally OT] Re: What can you "new"

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sat Mar 28 13:30:13 PDT 2009

Steve Teale wrote:
> Walter, I think you understate the arrow. Often they had barbs, and
> they were not as well sterilized as a bullet that had been propelled
> by hot gas, so getting them out and surviving was non-trivial.

Perhaps I do. I am no expert on either guns or archery, not even close.

But I can point out that in practically every case, expert archers were
eager to replace them with guns, any guns, even primitive
muzzle-loaders. In battles of guns vs archers, the guns nearly always
won even when heavily outnumbered.