[OT] [I mean totally OT] Re: What can you "new"

BCS none at anon.com
Sat Mar 28 23:06:52 PDT 2009

Hello Andrei,

> BCS wrote:
>
>> IIRC the 7.62 NATO doesn't have that much penetration (more than the
>> 5.56), enough to do in an Orc, but I don't think it would get the
>> back.
>>
> Not enough penetration to do in an Orc? I haven't read the book, but
> the movie suggested Orcs were rather penetrable by the arrows and
> swords of the humans.

Oh it would penetrate the first orc just fine, but meat is a lot of water
and does a dandy job of stopping bullets. I know a guy who retrieved a 30-06
round (same bullet as the 7.62 but with a slightly bigger charge behind it)
from a deer after a classic side shoot so a deer is thick enough to stop
a bullet and I aspect that an orc is thinker.