[OT] [I mean totally OT] Re: What can you "new"

BCS none at anon.com
Sun Mar 29 12:47:23 PDT 2009

Hello Georg,

[...]

I'll grant it's a hard job, but look at WW-II, throw in some large ugly unifying
force and Stuff Gets Done! Heck, look at 1900-2009. I'd say that most of
the tech that existed in 1900 could be built from the ground up in under
50 years if the people didn't needed to do any R&D and are motivated enough.
As for some hard numbers, I recall a NOVA show where a construction planner
was asked to set up a time line for the pyramids using period tech. The time
line was under 3 years (2.5 IIRC).

With the best assumptions you can reasonably expect to get I think the timeline
would surprise most everyone.