DMC to Create C .lib ?

Chris Andrews CodexArcanum at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 13:10:49 PDT 2009

Sergey Gromov Wrote:

> I hope that you actually not "removed your extern(Windows)" but replaced
> it with extern(C).  Otherwise you risk getting D linkage for those
> functions which is neither C nor C++.

This is just going to sound silly now, but I was following along the ".h to D" conversion guide, so I basically took the .h files, wrapped them up in extern(C){} and set about translating the rest by hand (typdefs, types, etc).  I just replaced all the exports with export extern(Windows). So, if I'm reading it right, what I did was extern everything to C, except what I had explicitly extern(Windows) instead.  :P  Sometimes I just don't think.

But yeah, should all be extern(C) now, so it's all good.