Licence question about Indemnification

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Mon Mar 30 07:38:00 PDT 2009

That is a very common clause.  The idea, as far as I understand, is that
if the compiler were to break - and your client were to sue you because
of this - you can't sue down the chain.

 From the same directory, readme.txt:

"The optimizer and code generator sources are
covered under a separate license, backendlicense.txt.

It does not apply to anything else distributed by Digital Mars,
including D compiler executables."

Theoretically, this could mean you are safe.  However, to be sure, I am
an individual unlearned in the law, and therefore legally unable to give
you anything anyone might construe as legal advice.

For questions such as these, your best bet is to ask your lawyer.

-[Unknown]