Stone the guy

BCS none at anon.com
Mon Mar 30 09:52:58 PDT 2009

Hello Walter,

> BCS wrote:
>
>> I think the answers is to always be willing to entertain /rational/
>> debate on anything. The thought being that truth will always stand up
>> to reason, so unless you *want* to believe something false, you have
>> nothing to fear in reason
>>
> But that's not the way people work. People have a vested interest in
> their beliefs. If you built your life around X being true, and someone
> drops by with evidence that X is false, what's your reaction going to
> be?

Rigorous debate, I hope.

> Stone the guy.

When that happens, you have an problem (and that was what I was asserting)

OTOH when someone shows up and starts saying your whole society is bogus
*and can't support his clams* I'm just fine with getting rid of them (preferably
leaving them the option of changing there mind at some later date).