Time to invent a different file format to hold meta data info

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Tue Mar 31 07:39:02 PDT 2009

Well, an API allows programatic reduction, handshaking (version
upgrades), and the like.  A file format can do some of these things as
well, but it starts to get more complicated, and you start wasting space
for bc, etc. etc.

Also, a file format would have to be generated by running the compiler,
e.g. compiling the file; the original post was about using this for an
IDE.  How is it useful to have to compile it first before proper
information is available?

Sure, the compiler could be run by the IDE, and the result returned as a
file... but you can call that "meta data file", I'll still call it "an
API that uses a temporary file."

-[Unknown]