Declaring Ref Variables Inside Function Calls

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Tue Mar 31 23:07:46 PDT 2009

bearophile wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu:
>
>> So we must add lists too.
>
> Notice the the python "list" is an array dynamic on the right, it's
> not a linked list.

I know. My point was that I might want to add a reasonable data
structure to the language, and it's hard to build an argument on what to
leave out and what to put in.

> Regarding tuple: I don't like the name "tuple" of typecons, because
> they aren't the tuples of D, they are structs. That's why I have
> named them Record/record in my dlibs.

D is at fault because it called typelists tuples. I told Walter not to,
and he went ahead and did so anyway. Now we're living with the consequences.

> In my dlibs Tuple is: template Tuple(T...) { alias T Tuple; }

That's a typelist.

> Also, tuple of typecons misses some very important methods.

I added a few (soon to be released).

Andrei