C tips (again)

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Fri May 1 09:54:33 PDT 2009

On Fri, 01 May 2009 11:36:08 -0400, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com>
wrote:

> superdan:
>> d00d. u first messed with k&r which are Gods. any1 mess'n' with Gods
>> better bring around some fuckin' supergod instead.<
>
> I have not appreciated that book, I don't care of what you say. I am
> generally able to see good books when I see then.
> I guess that author has more programming experience than all my teachers
> combined.

Yeah, he only, you know, *invented* C ;)

Despite this, I pretty much do as you say, only use the K&R book for
reference.  And it works out just fine.  It always reminds me of how
simple C is, that it fits in such a small book (standard library and
all).  I almost never have to look at online docs.

-Steve