d294934 at bsnow.net
Sun May 3 16:13:13 PDT 2009
After using the D1 language i have some questions about it:
- Why i cant use many files with the same module name? I want to use modules like .NET or C++ namespaces and the file has 10K lines and finding a line takes many time...
- Why there is no ranged foreach in D1?
- Why there is no pure keyword in D1?
- Why cent (128 bit integer) is not implemented?
- If a base class constructor has some parameters, when
creating a class that extends that base, if there is no constructor, create it automatically with the same parameters as the base class, and
call it. Is possible to add this capability to D?
- Why methods are virtual by default? if i export a class in a DLL, all methods are threated as virtual?
- Why enum uses int by default? why not ubyte? or the integral type that matches best with the min and max?
- Why exists typedef and alias? in modern languages like C#, i can not see these things (these are confusing)...
- Assosiative array: why stores the keys? why not the hashes?
- Why no multiple inheritace? if i have a simple (3 lines function) code and i need share it between many classes, i use an interface, and implementing the function in all the classes grows the code potentially. Simply if a class member name collides, threat as error. No virtual classes like C++...
- Hiding class implementation like Windows COM can be done with an interface. but it makes all methods virtual... is there any way to make a class like an opaque pointer? (but with the same sintax of a common class)
- When overriding a method: is possible force an inherited class to call the base method?
- Why there is no XML module in Phobos for D1?
- Is there any standard API like the .NET base classes for D?
- Why the overrided method does not inherit the default values for arguments?
Thanks in advance
More information about the Digitalmars-d