Error: xxx is not an lvalue

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon May 4 13:40:57 PDT 2009

On Mon, 04 May 2009 16:28:06 -0400, Unknown W. Brackets
<unknown at simplemachines.org> wrote:

> If that's the structure, then yes, I agree.
>
> Long time ago (before D 1.x?) I looked at the associative array
> implementation and it was a struct with a few members.  I didn't realize
> it had changed.  Or maybe I'm just remembering wrong.

You had me doubting myself ;)  So I looked it up

 From the aaA.d file (of dmd 1.043):

struct aaA
{
     aaA *left;
     aaA *right;
     hash_t hash;
     /* key   */
     /* value */
}

struct BB
{
     aaA*[] b;
     size_t nodes;       // total number of aaA nodes
}

/* This is the type actually seen by the programmer, although
  * it is completely opaque.
  */

struct AA
{