Massive loss for D on Tiobe

Alix Pexton alix.DOT.pexton at gmail.DOT.com
Thu May 7 01:05:24 PDT 2009

Georg Wrede wrote:

> D made the May headline on Tiobe: "Programming language D suffers sharp
> fall". You can say that again, D went down 5 places, to below languges
> like RPG(OS/400) and ABAP!
>

> D's loss seems unbelievable. D now has a 0.628% share, which is even
> less than what it's lost (-0.82%) in the last 12 months. What could be
> the reasons for it? Is it even possible to figure out any reason??
>
> Can this loss induce people to abandon D, and others to not take it up,
> leading to cumulating losses in the coming months? What do we have to do
> to prevent this?

There was a small drop last month, and a note saying that hits for
DTrace had been eliminated as false positives for the D Programming
Language. If it had been possible for DTrace to be such a false
positive, I am curious about what other false positives could be
effecting other languages, but I definitly think it is a blow to the
index's credibility.

A...