What's the current state of D?

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Fri May 8 11:56:40 PDT 2009

Steve Teale wrote:
> I am not criticizing you. I think you are doing a great job under the
> pressure of a slew of suggestions. But maybe a line in the sand at
> some point?

But there *is* a line in the sand - D1.

> OK so for those who crave stability there is D1.x, but when all the
> focus appears to be on D2, what level of confidence is afforded to D1
> users. Can a project Manager cross his heart and say that D1 will
> still be alive and well in five years time?

This just makes me very frustrated. Every fix going into D2 that also
applies to D1 has been folded into D1. There are even some fixes that
only apply to D1 that only go into D1. These average about 20 per month.
D1 even got the FreeBSD port before D2. What other language gets that
kind of support?