What's the current state of D?

Christopher Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Fri May 8 15:29:22 PDT 2009

Steve Teale wrote:
> This is the sort of answer that will kill D. The guy comes back after 2 years, asks a straight question, and get's told "business as usual, we're still arguing among ourselves about what it should be".

Last week I asked Andrei what DMD2/Phobos to use, looking for something
stable. I wanted to use D2, but he couldn't answer that question. So why
is it a problem to give this person an honest answer?

I don't want D2 to be a rush job. Cool things are happening with it. I
am, however, impatient for it to be stable, but I'm not upset that it
isn't. It just means I won't use D2 for most of my projects just yet.