Promoting D

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips at gmail.com
Sun May 10 14:52:35 PDT 2009

On Sun, 10 May 2009 09:27:49 +0200, Saaa wrote:

> The problem I have explaining why somebody should take up D is that I
> know not enough about the languages they use to actually show them the
> things they are missing. Sometimes it is the, for me, obvious feature
> like functions within functions that tilts their heads a bit.

It looks to me that Walter's points aren't about convincing people to use
it, but to show that you are using it, that there are customers.

Convincing people to use your language rarely works. If they needed a
different language they would have found one. Funny thing is I like
looking at different languages and so does my friend, but neither of us
actually tried the other's language.