What's the current state of D?

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Mon May 11 12:46:36 PDT 2009

Walter Bright, el 11 de mayo a las 11:46 me escribiste:
> Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> >I just hope one day in a near future we have D support in the tools I use
> >daily to develop as good as C++ so I can have a chance to convince my boss
> >to be able to use it at work =)
>
> Hoping is one thing, but submitting patches, bug reports, etc. to the tool
> developers is much more effective!

Sure, but people already done that and got ignore. I'm just glad you only
overlooked that mail and you're willing to help to iron out any licensing
issue.

GDB people have spoken (I don't see you subscribed to the bug report so
I transcribe the comment from GDB):

For a patch this size we would need copyright assignments from all
the authors of the patch.  I would suggest emailing the gdb list
and asking for the paperwork; one of the maintainers will get you started.

Also, send the patch to the gdb-patches list, as described here:
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/gdb/CONTRIBUTE?content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=src
gdb doesn't really use bugzilla for patch tracking, much.

I glanced quickly at the patch; it will need some reformatting and it will
need to be rebased to the current cvs.  It may require other changes, too,
but I didn't read that closely.

When all licensing issues are resolved I can do any adjustments to the
patch to comply with GDB coding style and rebase it to current CVS if the
original author is missing.